Floods can happen anywhere and can be caused by hurricanes, storms, and melting snow. Just a few inches of water can cause major damage to your home, vehicle, or business.
Flood Insurance: Understanding the Basics
- Flooding is the most common & costly natural disaster in the US.
- Standard homeowner, renters, and most commercial policies do not cover damage caused by flooding.
- Verify that your auto policy includes flood coverage.
Who should purchase flood insurance?
- Flood insurance is available to owners or renters of homes, condos/apartments, and commercial spaces.
What your flood policy will NOT cover:
- Damage caused by moisture, mildew or mold that could have been avoided by the property owner.
- Currency, precious metals and valuable papers.
- Property outside such as trees, plants, wells, septic systems, decks, fences, pools, hot tubs, etc.
- Living expenses such as temporary housing.
How much does a flood policy cost?
- Costs can vary depending on the year of construction and location of your property and how much coverage is purchased.
Contact Avery today to learn more about flood insurance policies and protection!